IMPORT PROCEDURES FOR RICE
Rice import procedures of The One Logistics Vietnam are simple and fast, saving you time and money.
1. Legal grounds Rice import procedures:
1.1. About commodity policy
- "Rice" items are not subject to import ban or conditional import according to the provisions of Decree No. 69/2018 / ND-CP dated 15/5/2018 of the Government. Therefore, the company can import such goods as usual.
- Pursuant to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development's Circular No. 2515 / QD-BNN-BVTV of 29th June 2015 promulgating the HS code of Vietnam's list of articles subject to plant quarantine; Rice is subject to quarantine.
- Import customs procedures shall comply with Article 16 of the Finance Ministry's Circular No. 38/2015 / TT-BTC of March 25, 2015, on customs procedures; Customs inspection and supervision; export tax, import tax and tax administration on imported and exported goods as amended and supplemented in Clause 5, Clause 7, Article 1 of Circular 39/2018 / TT-BTC dated 20 April, The financial.
1.2 On tax policy
- Pursuant to the Preferential Import Tariff Schedule 2016 promulgated together with the Government's Decree No. 125/2017 / ND-CP of November 16, 1977 amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 122 / 2016 / ND-CP dated September 1, 2016 of the Government on the Preferential Import Tariff, Preferential Import Tariff, List of Goods and Absolute Tariff, Mixed Tax and Import Tax Outside Tariff Rates Rice (HS code of heading 10.06) has an import tax rate of 0%.
- Pursuant to the Vietnam Preferential Import Tariff,
+ In the case of brown rice (HS code of heading 1006.20), the import tax rate is 0%
+ In the case of whole or pre-milled rice, whether or not polished or glazed (HS heading No. 1006.30), the import tax rate is 0%.
- Pursuant to the Value Added Tariff according to the list of import goods promulgated together with the Finance Ministry's Circular No. 83/2014 / TT-BTC of June 26, 2014, rice (HS code of group 10.06) with a VAT rate of * .5%
2. Law provisions, enterprises engaged in rice import business
The Government has issued Decree No. 107/2018 / ND-CP on rice export business, which specifies conditions for rice export business.
To be established and registered under the provisions of law;
Having at least one specialized store for storing paddy and rice in conformity with national standards and technical regulations on rice and rice depots, promulgated by competent agencies according to the provisions of the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations.
To have at least 1 milling or grinding facility or rice and rice processing establishments compatible with the national standards and technical regulations on warehouses and grinding and processing establishments for rice and rice issued by competent agencies. Issued in accordance with the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations.
3. Dossiers of quality standard publicization
- Business registration certificate
- Certificate of food safety and hygiene
- The results of product testing (in terms of principal quality criteria, quality indicators and related sanitation norms).
- The product label or product label and the draft sub-label content (stamped by the trader).
- The standard announcement
- Draft sub-labels
- Submitting dossiers of product standard announcement at the Food Hygiene and Safety Department.
Please contact us by hotline: 090.328.9972 (Mr Thang) for advice and assistance related to rice import procedures.