PROCEDURES FOR IMPORTING FUNCTIONAL FOODS
In this article, The One Logistics will share to help you answer that question.
1. What is functional food?
2. Declaration of functional foods
+ Business registration certificate of the food business or certificate of legal entity for organizations and individuals (copy certified by the organization or individual). Many businesses declare functional foods received the request for additional records: Produce business registration has the business of food business. So, to make the announcement you need to note this issue offline.
+ Certificate of Free Sale (CFS) issued by the exporting country, and legalization of consulate in Vietnam in that country. This is a very important document, not only documents need to be added on the online records but also many cases brought to see experts to compare. Of particular note here is that the content on CFS must be standard and the product name on the CFS and the product label of the same name on the publication must match.
+ Documentary evidence of utility. This document is not a catalog of products that are scientifically documented by an agency, which demonstrates the use of the product, and what component of the product it provides. Note that this document should be certified by an agency or organization.
+ Results of product testing at the competent authorities in Vietnam. This form is required when making food declarations. In fact, before submitting the dossier to the Department of Safety, publishers should bring samples for testing at competent state agencies in accordance with the criteria in the standard or based on the composition, purpose to publish appropriate indicators. Often the importer will have to import a sample shipment and confirm the samples to get samples for testing (again is another step to do before).
3. Procedures for importing functional foods
1. To register for food hygiene and safety inspection at competent agencies such as Quatest 1 Center in Hanoi and Quatest 3 Technical Center for Standards and Quality , in HCMC); National Institute of Food Safety and Hygiene (Hanoi) ...
2. Declaration & transmission of customs declarations attached to the approved registration.
3. Customs clearance and warehousing (Find out how to carry out Customs procedures here).
4. The staff at the center have registered to check the store and take samples for inspection
5. After inspection, if results are reached, you submit additional results to Customs to clear the shipment. If the results do not meet the condolences, your shipment will not be cleared means you have to return the shipment. Nobody wants to fall into this situation, because it takes time and money.
Wish you all the best!